Iowa Western Community College
covid-19Iowa Western's plan to reopen facilities, and keeping our students and staff safe.

College information and updates

Who is my academic advisor?

Your advisor is based on your major so that you have an advisor who is in your program of study and therefore will be best equipped to help you. If you aren’t sure who your advisor is your advisor’s name and contact information is located in

Student Self Service--> Students--> Advising Resources--> Advising Resources Page


Student Self Service--> Students--> Personal Information--> My Profile

If your major on file is not correct you need to submit a Change of Major Form. The form is available on the Advising Resources Page. Once you complete the change of major you will be assigned a new advisor.