IV Certification Courses for the LPN
Click on this link for class schedule and to register: Class Schedule and Registration
Expanded Intravenous Therapy for the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
IV certification courses approved by Iowa Board of Nursing, Provider #6.
This course is designed to prepare the Iowa LPN to perform procedures related to the expanded scope of intravenous therapy in a licensed hospital, licensed skilled nursing facility and a certified end-stage renal dialysis unit. IV Therapy for clients age 12 or older and weighing 80 pounds or more. LPN-IV Therapy certificate will be given upon completion of classroom and sponsoring facility clinical portion. Clinical paperwork must be turned in to the Course Coordinator before a certificate can be issued.
- Must have an unrestricted LPN or RN license.
- Must have at least 6 months of nursing experience.
- Must currently work in hospital, skilled nursing or end stage dialysis unit.
- Must submit a completed Agency Agreement at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of the class. The agreement specifies that 16 clinical hours must be completed within your facility for successful completion of the course.
- Must take a math test prior to class start date and obtain a 90% or better. Please request math exam upon registration by emailing [email protected] or calling 712-325-3255.
- Must register and complete math test at least 2 weeks prior to start date.
You can email [email protected] or fax 712.325.3721 prerequisites.
LPN the Basics - NE LPN
Approved by the State of Nebraska and meets LB 88 requirements.
This 8-hour lecture meets the didactic portion for Nebraska LB 88 - legal aspects, central and peripheral IV lines.
LPN IV Basic Skills
Scheduled Upon Demand
An 8-hour course with hands-on skills for Nebraska LPNs who have taken the LPN IV Basics 8 Hour Didactic class (Course ID# HLTH 130-03). This skills portion is scheduled according to demand.