Health and Recreation
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Years
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day & Online
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Health and Sciences
About the Program
The Health and Recreation program of study prepares students to transfer to a four-year institution. The curriculum is designed to aid students in developing philosophical and practical knowledge of recreation and health services. The program will produce graduates who will be prepared for rewarding careers in parks and recreation, coaching, students activities, and wellness programs. Included in this program are tools to obtain a coaching authorization in the state of Iowa. Graduates of this program are awarded an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree.
Insert text here.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy and how the body moves, based on the knowledge of muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Communicate effectively the benefits of nutrition, health, and fitness to individuals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to assess a possible injury in an emergency situation.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to preform a variety of weight training and physical fitness activites.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of concepts in program planning, analyzing and designing a recreation program, or special event that involves sporting competitions.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa