Computers: Programming Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day, Evening, Online
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Business and Computers
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
In as little as two semesters you could be on your way to working as a computer programmer by completing the Computers: Programming Certificate program of study at Iowa Western.
Students in this program get hands-on experience in multiple computer environments while learning programming languages and World Wide Web technologies. Coursework is limited to the essential hands-on courses you will need to be a successful programmer.
The Computers: Programming Certificate program of study is designed to place students into the workforce after completion of the two-semester certificate. The certificate program prepares students for entry-level careers as computer programmers. Graduates of this program who wish to earn an advanced degree and prepare for higher level jobs should continue on to complete the Computers: Application and Web Programming program of study.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for application programs.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for web development.
- Design, create and maintain a relational database system.
- Create and develop interactive web pages.
- Effectively interact with users to determine requirements.
- Construct applications with database connectivity for various platforms.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.