Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: No
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Cass County Center
About the Program
Students in this program learn to build 3D virtual products primarily using Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, the world’s leading product lifecycle management program. The software will introduce students to product design and development technology used by many of the world’s leading manufacturing, architectural, and construction companies. The coursework will help prepare students to develop technical drawings and plans to build everything from microchips to skyscrapers. This Certificate is offered in Atlantic and the certificate classes would be held two days a week. There is a free shuttle from Council Bluffs main campus.
Computer Aided Designers, or CAD Designers, use software to create plans for everything from cars to skyscrapers. Students with CAD Certificates may find entry level work in many exciting fields including manufacturing, construction and engineering. The CAD certificate provides a great opportunity for workers to increase their skills and for current students to enter the workforce!
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Students should be able to create fully detailed 3D models of parts, assemblies and drawings using multiple software packages.
- Demonstrate and apply concepts and standard practices of the electrical design process.
- Demonstrate and apply the basic terminology associated with these (manufacturing) fields.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.