Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Sales & Service Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Business and Computers
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Sales & Service program of study provides students with the opportunity to develop skills, abilities, and an understanding of the agronomic aspects of production agriculture. Careers in production agriculture, agronomy operations, precision agriculture, and agronomy sales can be pursued. Student are provided classroom instruction, lab, and field experience. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate current technology used in production agriculture and the agriculture service industries.
- Identify the plant morphology of common Midwestern crop and weed species.
- Evaluate vairous crop production practices and techniques used to produce Midwestern crops.
- Categorize soil, plant, and dlimatic factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Identify, handle, mix and apply various agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Effectively communicate various production practices and products.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.