Industrial Technology: Individualized Technical Program Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: Yes
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus, Clarinda Center, Cass County Center
, Shelby County Center
About the Program
The Industrial Technology Individualized Technical Program program of study is designed for currently employed students or students who have a specific career goal. Students are allowed an opportunity to adapt an existing college program of study to their individual needs and career goals. The intent of this option is to craft a program of study that meets a specific technical career goal. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma.
Students must develop a plan to advance their careers in an industrial technology industry; manufacturing, energy, transportation, or construtction. Academic plans should be made with employers, and faculty, with approval of the academic dean.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate technical skills to become employable.
- Evaluate information appropriately.
- Apply principles of critical thinking to demonstrate integrative learning.
- Communicate effectively in written form..
- Demonstrate basic math skills needed for employment in technical fields.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa